Sueanne's Story Unfolds

Welcome to my page!

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

The Bitter Pill of Kia-suness

The effect of the kia su syndrom since coming to Singapore.

One of our projects was to evaluate a Singapore company's performance. When approached by a guy who asked us what company we selected, we told them.
Then, he suddenly blurted out f***! It's the same with ours.
Well, good la. We can share info.
No la. Don't think so.
Well, what the heck to that!

Another assignment is due this Friday. My group had completed it one week earlier, but we found out there were some major errors in our calculations for the master budget. So, one of my team mate and I decided we should recheck the whole thing. We sat there trying to figure out where the answer was, but after an hour we couldn't figure it out. Giving up, we decided to ask a few of our classmates for help.

Obviously, some were reluctant to help. They kept saying 'I don't know'. It was obvious they wanted to hide something. And then we should them our answer. Some, to my surprise were taken aback by that. Their body language was like do you really want me to see? You don't mind is it? Well, of course I don't. I'm so used to discussing answers back home. We managed to dig some after some drilling.

Well, never mind. I told myself. Prayed asking God to reveal the problem area or sent someone do was willing to help. By then I was tired, mentally drained and frustrated. My team mate was whinning, how, how.... Arrgghhh!

Then, suddenly, like a revelation, I noticed where we had gone wrong. Told her, but she wasn't convinced. Then, she saw her ex classmate, an old friend. We decided to ask her. Try our luck as we had nothing to loose. Must be tebal muka a bit. I told myself.

To my relief, she happily showed us her full answer and offered to lend it to us to see. Wow! It's a gift from heaven. Was so relieved. But my friend was pai seh... She said she wanted to see only the final answer. Wouldn't blame her after all we went through. She's also a foreign student but has been studying here since 1998. She said most people won't do such a good deed.

Well, I thank God we manage to redo the whole thing. Hopefully its correct now. Thank God for the kind people around who help willingly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home