Sueanne's Story Unfolds

Welcome to my page!

Sunday, January 16, 2005

Another Week

Wow, time is like zooming past before me. Can't believe another week has just past by. So fast! Hey, by the time I know it, it's CNY! Yeah, baby! hahaha...

This week was pretty interesting. Met a whole bunch of new people in my tutorial group. Feel sad that I am not in the same group as my previous classmates. Ironically, I'm totally new to this bunch of people and they on the other hand, knew one another from the last semester. So here it goes again. Start afresh to form friendship. Sigh... have to say that it is quite hard making friends here in Singapore.

Firstly, and I'm not the only one who feel this way, I find them not very friendly compared to people back in M'sia. People just walk past you, looking straight ahead. They don't even notice the people around them. Eye contact is even harder to make here. Even my communication prof, who is from overseas commented that people here are just different. Whenever he greets his peers with a hi, he says he will get this funny look of 'Who are you?'. Well, I have to say this is for strangers. I've made some wonderful Singaporean friends from my previous classmates, CF and church. Needless to say, they treat you 'cold'ly if they don't know you. So, here I am, trying always to make the first move.

Anyway, pray that I will be able to build bridges to people around me.

I've made a lot of friends, even from Vietnam, who I can say we are pretty close. Thank God for friends here. Life can get so boring in hostel over the weekend as there is nothing much to do. Some scholars even study through the whole weekend! Guess they could be as lonely too.

Saturday was interesting. My friend cook lunch and invited me to share it. Wow! Must say this was trully an experience. Sunday, is my social day! Go out to church at 9am, lunch and fellowship . Come back around 5pm. So at least I'm pretty occupied. And I met Samuel (Edmund) Chu, former Melaka church member today. It was like meeting an old friend. Made my day!

So, what I've learnt is... friendships are to be cherished. People are made to be social beings.

1 Comments:

  • Woa...somebody made your day, ya?Hmm....

    Anyway, I always pray that you will settle down well in S'pore with many good 'brothers an d sisters'. Well, good to hear God is answering prayers!

    By Blogger Joanne Low, at 12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home