Sueanne's Story Unfolds

Welcome to my page!

Monday, November 08, 2004

Boyfriend available?

Met my aunty a week ago... and she asked how's uni life. Of course, the one thing she always ask is have I found a boyfriend?

Haizz, of course no la.

Girls, in uni, they say are like the red spot books in the library when they are in their in the first year. Then, in the second year, they are removed from the red spot and place on the ordinary shelves.

The value of us girls, depreciate, kononnya.... by the last year, there's the rejects label.

So better get one in your first year, she advised.

Yalah tu...

Knowing myself, I think at this rate I'll never get one. With all the values my mum told me, its hard to stick to it if you're desperately looking for a bf.

Things I'll always take heed from my mama...
1. Never chase after the guy, make yourself cheap
2. Don't have to like the rest where they use physical beauty to attract boys... don't you have anything nice inside your soul that is beautiful?

Of course, there are a lot more criteria....me being a Christian.

Then, just the other day, I read on the Purple Sofa... This girl wrote in asking for opinion...
What does a guy look for in a girl?
Not surprisingly, more than 100 replies came in. Inner beauty, fun, personality, blah, blah, blah...
To add to that, uni here is full of couples... One friend made a remark.
You see them everywhere.
Ah, all this chasing for a bf is... better not say it here. And another report I read said that Malaysians are lossing their virginity at 19. Feedbacks from some youths are: We're so conservative and so on... Well HELLO!!! Conservative?!!! My gosh! What is wrong with this world!
But hey, I enjoy being just myself!
And what's more, I do have a lover. JESUS! Yeah, that whom I will run after, with all my heart.
For the past Sunday services, I've been really challenged to seek God RADICALLY! That means every part of your being, energy, heart, mind, soul, EVERYTHING is for God.
Man! Let this be a challenge.
Remember I ain't single. Call me radical, but hey, that's what we're called to be....
Radical for Christ!

2 Comments:

  • Wah... you took the quote I learned here about girls and books! Anyway I made a new friend today and we found out we shared a common goal - be doctors to serve. Though she is a nonbeliever, its nice to discuss things like why we wanna become a doctor and serve. 'Next time, wanna marry?'

    With my own goals I don't think its convenient to. But as I read today's devotional about not overshadowing God's plan with our own goals, I'm surrendering all to Him.

    We are lovers with Him. Proud to be virgins in this messed up generation.

    By Blogger Joanne Low, at 5:41 PM  

  • heys there!
    i totally agree with you... ehehe.. =)

    "True love waits". And it's not the waiting around, moping and waiting for some guy to come along... but waiting and doing and giving our best for Him! ;) You go gal! I believe we'll never miss God's best, single or married later on... I'm glad there are some people who still share the same values as me... hugs* ;)

    There's a quote i read somewhere and i posted on my blog before. It goes something like this :
    "Run as hard as you can for Jesus and along the way take a quick look around you. He or she will be the one running next to you."

    Patience is a virtue ya. Besides, there's so much in life to do and to enjoy than juz thinking about some guy rite... hehe.

    By Blogger butter_cookie, at 1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home