Sueanne's Story Unfolds

Welcome to my page!

Saturday, October 02, 2004

Material World

Here's some conversation I had with some people here

#1
Hey Sueanne... I'm so happy today!
Why?
Getting my laptop today! Been thinking about it day and night for the past few days. Now I'm gonna get it!

Walau weh! Honestly I've never seen anyone soooo happy about getting something... yeah, may be it's precious to them... This girl, whom I accompanied to collect her laptop gave me a hug because she felt soooo happy, she needed to express it! My gosh, you can imagine how I 'froze'...

#2
Eh.... I can wait for this Saturday!
Why leh?
My uncle coming down.
Oooo... I was thinking that she looked forward to seeing a family (since we are away from home).
And he's bringing my laptop! Cannot wait... finally after all this waiting!

My goodness another case of being overjoyed with a laptop.
What can you expect, we're living in a material world....
Being away from home really taught me how precious a family is. Now I trully value the close relationship I have with my parents and bro and twin... love you guys!
Really, not beats having strong relationships.

#3
We were in our Bible Study and the leader asked us to introduce ourselves since there were some new faces...
So he began... I'm Wai, and besides Jesus, this is my joy (while holding up a picture of his baby boy. So cute!)
The next guy... Hello, I'm Calvin and this is my Bible.... it's my joy.

Everyone burst into laughter man!

"Seriously!"

Yeah, I could see the sincerity when he said it. What a stark contras.
Some times I have to remind myself "What do I delight in?". Its hard to keep our eyes focused on unseen things, those that are eternal.... when we are surrounded by material things, those that can never last nor bring real and lasting joy.

1 Comments:

  • Well, the world's like that. Young people are ever desiring for the latest technology, not what our Father can give.
    Its a joy to have a relationship with Him. Its even a greater joy to bring someone to know God. Will pray for you and Hong Ahn. Please pray for Hui Peng too. Been talking about Christian stuff to her.

    By Blogger Joanne Low, at 1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home