Sueanne's Story Unfolds

Welcome to my page!

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

20

Wonder what's the difference being twenty...besides adding a year to 19, i guess there a lot of change going on in my life. Anyway, who says 1 + 1 = 2? We accountants will answer - what number do you want and we'll count it for you. That's what I learn in my accounting class!!! Talk about ethics.

Yeah, things are pretty uncertain now. Exams are next week and it'll be my first exams in a whole new system and environment. Hopefully my results will reflect what I've put in so far. Will remember that grades aren't the end irself. Though it is highly, very highly yearned for here.

Besides celebrating alone, I'll have to learn to deal with the fact that me and my half will no longer be going into the same field. One talk business the other medicine. Clash of frequency! Bo gam liao... Anyway, thank God for the love we share together.

Besides that, I'll have another 5 1/2 years here to go in Singapore. After that, the future is so uncertain. Will I stay on or what? People say, never say never to staying put here. Yikes! Here? For long? Can't imagine me being Singaporean. But never say never. My desire is to serve God in whatever He calls me to do.

And soon, my parents will be leaving overseas. Sigh...home is totally empty. Thought we 3 kids leave hoe sudah cukup teruk...but now parents also going...the place where I so fondly call home is now...sad to say....dunno what to say.

God is certain...one thing I can be sure in the midst of uncertainty is...
For I know the plans I have for you. Jeremiah 29:11

Man!!! Exams are nearing and all I can think of is going back to Melaka.
Yeah, just said goodbye to my parents. They came down to visit me for a few hours and to give me a birthday meal. What more can I ask? At least we still keep our family tradition of having a nice meal on birthdays even tough there were only 3 of us.

Also thank God for my church friends who celebrated my birthday the day earlier. Sang me the birthday song in public where we were having lunch. Can you imagine? A bunch of working adults singging with actions too! Well it brigthened my day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home