Sueanne's Story Unfolds

Welcome to my page!

Monday, April 30, 2007

Unforgetable

Went home from Thursday to Monday :) Will be my last trip home for the next 40 over days as I'll be leaving to Japan from Singapore.

Had a fantastic time... tho I have ONE more final, final paper to go...muahaha
- great food.... had ikan bakar, hawker food, oyster noodle, banana leave... ooooo, yummy! Ate until my stomach couldn't take it. As you can see, I miss malaysian food. It rocks!!
- lots of TV... watched American Idol (Idol Gives Back), CSI, and a movie (Pursuit of Happyness)
- lots of time with my family... priceless

Idol gives back was fantastic. Cos it was different. It was great to see that the show finally did something to help those really in need. It really moved my heart to see so many, many children suffer in America (yes, America!) and Africa.. mainly because of AIDS. It remided me again of how often we take forgranted the very food we eat (when so many are dying of extreme hunger and poverty), how many people still struggle to just live each day (when others have so much money we just store them away or spend on "luxury" items)... yes, one day, when I have the earning power, I'll mae sure people like these are not forgotten.

Pusuit of happyness was an inspiring show. How Chris Gardner a single homeless father made it to become a slef-made millionaire. Lesson learnt - we need perseverance, lots of them, to make it in life.

Yesterday night was a terrible night. I admit that after watching CSI:NY, I was a little spooked. haha... then thunder and lightning started. K, I got to say that until now, I'm still a little frightened of thunderstorms at night! Yah, then it started to rain. About midnight, there was sudden gust of wind, for a few seconds it blew...so freaking! The windows in my house started slamming one by one, plus the sound w00000woooooooooowooooooooooooo...... I could hear things flying around! Car alarms went off. I freaked. Thank God, my father was still awake. hehe..

Anyway, the wind was so, so, so strong. First time in my life, I experienced it. After the wind clamned, mum (who was awaken by the wind), dad and myself peeped out of our balcony and we could see our neighbours coming out to inspect the damage. One even asked another neighbour if his Astro dish was still intact. hahaha.. of all things, his concern was the satelite dish. Our huge flower pots got blowned down. There were leaves everywhere. Even in my room! Not to mention rain that came in and the wind that blew my window wide open!

Thank God, I slept.

This morning, mum went round the neighbourhood to see what happened. Apparently, many houses with zinc roof got the roofs blown away. Could see debris all over the road.

Our roof also had two huge holes. Weird, cos our house didn't experience any leakage over the night. We thought no damage to the house. Our immediate neighbours' roof also got blown away and the had water pouring in. But we didn't. Hmmm... two holes on the roof, but no water came in. Miracle? Must be God's protection. My God is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home