Sueanne's Story Unfolds

Welcome to my page!

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Wish I was home...

Its recess week...but I don't feel like it is...hmmm... maybe because I just went home for 6 days! haha! It was really good to be home. After 6 weeks out here battling (literally, hahaha), tired, and really in need of TLC, mama's touch and my twinie's hugz =)

I am so hopelessly a family and homely person. But, being away from home has made me strong, not afraid of being alone... I remembered I was so scared to be left alone last time. But I hope it has not made a a person that is too independant... my daddy says that it will really be a turn off point for guys. They feel intimidated to approach a girl whom they see as 'able to manage everything on their own, no weak spot' kind (maybe a bit 'agressine'?, dunno what is the correct word).... yeah, daddy was making noise about me not having a boyfriend yet. Well, I guess circumstances have made me this way... and I am hoping the guy God has prepared for me (if he really has) will be someone who will be about to lead me and is as independant.. . I told daddy that I may appear to be all sufficient, but I am definitely willing to submit myself to someone. I never like taking the lead, unless needed. Then daddy asked me what kind of guy I was looking for. I told him it would be someone like him ;p

Yes, had a good chit chat with daddy.. he came down just to accompany me back to Melaka for CNY. Though it cost me quite a bomb to buy to bus ticket during peak season!

Then mummy... I just want to manja her... she wants me to manja me too.. hehe...

My joep, I really love you! I miss talking to her. She's the only one whom we can trust each other. And the one with whom we can share our passion with - God. We can talk endlessly about it.

Only my bro... hmm.. we seem to drift.. but still blood is thicker than water. We still talk about work, movies, gadgets and all... pray that one day, ko, you will find that passion in God, and remember the One who spared your life and know that there is a purpose for that. I pray that you will not live your life idlely, but instead give your life to serving Him, as you once wanted to. You are to be like Isaac, whom Abraham gave unto the Lord... what has become of that?

Family aside, CNY was really a good time of family reunion, meeting up with classmates... food and food and food! until I couldn't take it! But it is also sad to see that only my family and our paternal grandma and uncle's family is saved among our extanded family and my classmates...except for maybe 4... out of the about 56 of us. But thank God one just came to the Lord last year... my sis had the priviledge of reaping that harvest.

Went to OMF's prayer meeting for Japan all the way in Kembangan. Thank GOd I met Qi Bin (a former MEET Japan tripper). Otherwise I won't know a single soul there! And the first person I shook my hands with was the NTUCF alumni contact I got. God really made sure I didn't feel left out. It was good to hear the sharing of people who had gone there. And also to see a couple who is preparing to leave this year.... Ah, to hear their testimony really moved my heart. And I wish that one day I could share such a testimony.

They both grew up in church and went through CF in their varsity years. Both always had missions at the back of their minds and weren't sure if it was their calling. But when they met, missions was they thing they talked about. It was through their marriage that they knew their calling to missions were confirmed. And know they are preparing to be sent.

I remember reading about Rolland and Heidi Baker. How God told her to break of from her fiancee and marry Rolland, who had the same calling as her. And now, after so many years, they are still effectively serving the Lord in orphanages in Africa. Thousands of children have been blessed and saved.

If finding a partner could be as easy as that.... k, I blabbing...

1 Comments:

  • walau...really blabbling and crappy lE! LOL.so free to do nothing is it? hehe...anyway, dun worry bout who will be your life partner, 'k? In God's timing.

    By Blogger Joanne Low, at 12:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home