Sueanne's Story Unfolds

Welcome to my page!

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Refreshing but...

Wow, I'm just overwhelmed by the CF retreat we just had. Such great plans but limited resources...

We had two days of getting together. Team dynamics game which was really an ice breaker. Then the sharing of vision and talk to get to know FES better. Lots of laughter and building of friendship. Hopefully we'll all be able to work in unity despite vast difference. There're people who come from churches who are openly against pentecostal churches, where I'm from. But thank God it is not a huge matter to me as I've been in school CF all along and supporting of inter denominational gatherings. Thank God for the preparation in advance.

Second day was brainstorming and planing of future events. Just the few of us, trying to re-establish CF next semester and to achieve legitimacy in future. Due to some problems CF was kinda dissolved and we were some blur people left in the dark. Now we're trying evrything from scratch. Really thank God that it is not our gifts and talents that matters most, but our availabilty and obedience to God. Hope He'll multiply what we sow...fruits may not be now but hope it will be fruitfull. Thank God also for the staff workers and seniors from VCF who have sacrificed so, so much in helping. Elsa, Vincent and Carlsen - thanks! Only God will reward you guys for your effort. You've all been so encouraging and that spurs me to carry on that vision.

Honestly, I wanted to be part of this pioneering group. But not sure... don't want it be be my own ambition or anything but I really needed God's confirmation for my role and purpose of being here at this season. I really have a burden for campus ministry and missions.

Well after a long day, some of us ended up acting as presecutors in a mission exposure camp. Went there blur and scared that we won't have the heart to do it. But it turned out to be convincing and since it was children and youths, some were really afraid! One young boy started praying! Gosh it was so cute and one girl cried. Man! Felt so bad. But later, all of them got together and corporately proclaim their love for Christ. We then kinda introduce ourselves to them to remove the bad impression made earlier...haha.... super funny... but learnt even from these young ones.

Really thank God for the journey He has brought me thus far. Feeling refreshed and challenged to press in. God answeres prayer. Was feeling dry lately. But now encouraged to run this race with all those great man of God before us. Able to relly not just on feelings of our spiritual being or those encounters with God... but now to know salvation and God's love, trully with all my heart AND MIND.

Have my worries and for all my bro and sis in Christ, I really need prayer. To juggle CF work with studies; To ensure that my own walk with God is right before leading others; To be equiped to give Bible studies and answer questions; Constantly have a burden for the lost and His flock.

1 Comments:

  • Hey...will always remember you in prayer. But don't undermind yourself, ok? I'm very sure God has prepared you all this while, from CF in school to GY. Don't ever think you can't do it, cause when you do, you will be labouring out of your own strength. Just do what you can, and leave the rest to God. The weaker you are, the more grace and faith will be revealed :)

    By Blogger Joanne Low, at 5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home