Sueanne's Story Unfolds

Welcome to my page!

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

No more MEET

Sigh... I knew it might happen but I did it anyway...

After hearing about MEET, Mission Equiping and Exposure Trip, I decided to apply for it. It seems to be a good program where participants undergo training for 9 months and a mission trip overseas for a month. The equiping part seems good as not many mission trips emphasize this. Anyway, this would be a real mission trip. We'll link up with a local there and live with them. No comfort... rough it out.

After going through so much hassle, I finally got the green light. But deep down in my heart I was wondering if I could really make it for the trip as they would go somewhere between May and July next year. I have my professional attachment at that time. How nice!

So went for the first meeting. Got to know my team members, briefing and etc. Was exicted... I had hope that I would go. This semester I cut down on other activities to make way for this. Meeting is almost every week for 3 to 4 hours, see. That means risking my hall points as we have to accumulate points to stay in hostel next year.

But just last week, I got a call, saying that I can't go for the trip. Either I attend just the training or postpone it to next year. Sigh.... chose the latter. Really hope to join one day. Sob...sob...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home