Sueanne's Story Unfolds

Welcome to my page!

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

The G word - Guilt

Having a splendid time here in Phuket. My parents and I deicded to make a short trip round the southern region of Thailand. We left for Surathani last Thursday. Took almost a whole day's journey to cross the peninsula from the Andaman Sea to the Gulf of Thailand. Journey was superb. Guided only by a road map, as all road signs are in Thai, we mange to find our way. Beautiful scenery, mangrove swamp, limestone hills and forests. Awesome.... guilty that I forgot to bring my camera.

There, we ate seafood, tons of them. In one meal, we had huge raw oysters, crabs, prawns that look like lobster, wow, it was fantastic. Ate till I felt so guilty that I over ate.

Anyway, a friend took us to visit oyster farms, which produce the best oyster in Thailand and also fresh water prawn farm.

On the way home to Phuket, we decided to make a trip down to Krabi. I got the opportunity to drive on the highway in a foreign land. What's more it's my first time driving a car, beside the Kelisa, which I always drive. The one and only car I ever drove. Afraid initially, but my parents were encouraging.

Krabi was deserted. Badly affected by the tsunami, and building were still not repaired compared to phuket. Sad to see the people having nothing to do, as there are hardly any tourist. But on the other hand, mother nature had return everything back to the way it was before development came in.

The trip was really enjoyable. Travelled a few hundred kilometres. Worth while.
Guilty, all the sweet memories will only be in my mind.

1 Comments:

  • so nice le you can go travelling with your parents and all.. envy you lar..

    By Blogger gR@c3y, at 10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home