Sueanne's Story Unfolds

Welcome to my page!

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

My december

I noticed that I have not updated my blog for a month!

Some updates about me:

1) I just moved to a new place at Everton Park (Outram Park mrt). After a long, super long story... and facing much frustration, feeling of being cheated, robbed (...whatever you call it), we didn't move to the place we had planned to move. Talked about being deserted by people, being let down by friends... having to part with the 1 month deposit... and it all happened while I was away in China... not to mentioned that it was not my fault, yet I have to bear the cost.

I prayed so much for grace to forgive and to not let my heart be troubled my the "loss" of money.. though it more than half my salary hurhur...

2) That aside, I had an awesome time in China. Spent 10 days in C-city with missionaries from America (under an organisation that hopes to reach out to tertiary students in the country). It was freezing, the air was poluted (that the municiple has to spray the trees with water to wash them), and the food was amazingly spicy! We made friends, hosted parties, taught the word, encouraged the family there and ... personally had a good time away from my routine life... just to be totally focused on the kingdom work there. I find that its really nice and yeah, I wouldn't mind trading what I have now for that.

Having the chance to stay with the missionaries (and not being treated as though we are on a 'holiday cum mission' trip) really exposed me to what their lifestyle is. Saw the intimacy of their walk with the Lord (which really is their power source), the frustration behind the scenes when things just didn't turn out the way they plan, how tiring it can be when we serve him "full time" (I mean there was no time to say - God, I don't feel like doing it today) and how focused they are on the field.

I learnt that one thing about being effective for Him. The answer is CONSCIOUS EFFORT. When I was there, my mind was set on fulfilling the great commission... because I know that I am on a trip. Hence, I set my mind to be focused, to make effort to reach out.

But back to "reality", where we are everyday, its so easy to be sucked into what everyone else is doing... to be sucked into the small daily affairs of life... to be sucked into routine. Not that they are not important, but they make us lose focus on the more important things that God has in mind. And hence, slowly, little by litte, we find ourselves drifting away from Him...away from His purposes... and then our mindset starts to revolve around us, our career, our need, our wants... and the list goes on.

And then we ask ourselves, what have accomplished at the end of the day? Are any of these of eternal value? Are they something we can be proud of to tell God when we face Him in the day of judgement? Are they worth the price that Christ paid?

Yeah, k, that's my reflection. Better stop before I end up preaching! hahaha.... but yeah, am pondering on that.

Will post some pictures of the trip soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home