Sueanne's Story Unfolds

Welcome to my page!

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Another week has gone.... my thoughts

Its amazing how fast time flies.... things just hits you at lightning speed!

This week was quite interesting. Went back to the client's place to do test of controls and walk through. Quite fun, but tedious.

Came back to office and found out that facebook has been banned! My goodness, the IT dept is super good. I know they will eventually know about it. Just like how they found we were using skype - and they found a way to uninstall it by itself! So now, back in office with no engagements for 3 weeks! Manz, how bored can that be? I feel more tired doing nothing.

But at least for now, when nobody pages for me or throw me something to do, I can learn mandarin. hahaa, found this website with quite a comprehensive and systematic way of learning www.chinese-tool.com . so hope to learn as much as I can.

Can u imagine that people actually think i speak mandarin more than english? faintzzz... that's why la, need to pick up more mandarin.

Anyway, thurs night, had my mentor group outing dinner at Grand Copthorne Hotel - cafe Brio's. Quite nic eto get to know more people in my group. We ate and talked till 11pm! goodness. FOod was ok, i like the dessert and salad :) and fondue.... k, first time trying it!

So, in my 3 months of work, I have eaten 2 buffets here. So Singaporean.... shop, eat... wat else is there? On another note, I saw a book at life bookshop. The title went "A 50 dollar buffet and a 25 cent meal". Being me, I picked it up and browse through it. the book was on 1side pcitures taken during the authors journey to 3rd world countries... and on the other side, his reflection.

My heart broke seeing the pictures. Many people are still so poor that they die because of hunger. Today's news report that almost a billion are still below poverty line...

and here we are splurging.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home