Sueanne's Story Unfolds

Welcome to my page!

Monday, September 10, 2007

I'm Single and I make no apologies about it

Yup, that's right :)

I got to admit that I was seriously hoping that my singlehood status to end soon. With some available guys in my life, my family is putting that pressure... you know what I mean. Even some close friends of mine want to conspire to match make me and someone!

But after last saturday's meeting by my church's singles ministry, I guess God spoke to me and reminded me... gave a a fresh perspective of singlehood.

For one, singlehood is just a phase. And like anything that happens, there is a time and purpose for every season. So singlehood is not something "unfortunate" - like how the world may think it is. No. It is a time of preparation, of character molding and self-discovery. Discovering God's plan for my own life, of making myself a better person - to be that helpmate to the man that God has prepared for me.

It is a time of just desiring God more. No distraction. Singlemindedness. A time of just loving Jesus more and more. Why? Cos we are His bridegroom.

I guess right now, I'm just thanking God for this reminder. As of now, I just want to love Him more and more and be more active in His kingdom work - many out there need the love of Christ!

Anyway, His love is prefect. What more could I ask?

Thank You Jesus!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home