Sueanne's Story Unfolds

Welcome to my page!

Sunday, March 11, 2007

I'm Coming Back Again

I must admit that I've strayed a little way off over the 2 weeks of break. Somehow, God was put aside when I have my family... Then, coming back here, in 1 week, I was bombared with 2 presentations, 3 written assignments (first one law essay of 1500 words, second an analysis of a company's strategy 3000 words and finally law essay 2000 words)... I pushed myself to do it from scratch and was rather stressed out. Couple with little sleep... and one of the nights burning 4 over hours of just to settle elections for CF AGM.... Gotta admit I was almost at the edge... but no, I pushed on... my spirit was weary, like a soul beaten up, pressed...

Went to church on a low mood. But somehow, God saw my state. It was great to just leave everything aside to worship Him. And if it didn't refresh me enough, the message today was really appropriate for me. Ps Glen spoke on "the In-Between". He shared how God works by giving promises to the people (eg. Joseph, Abraham, Paul) about how he will bring them out of a place/state and bring them into the promise. But from the promise to the fulfillment of it, nothing is mentioned... until you walk it.

Joseph went through being sold as a slave, thrown into prison etc before he was made PM. Abraham lived as a nomad, without a permanent place, old and without child despite God's promise of a promised land and to be the father of many nations. Paul was called to be a light to the gentiles, but it wasn't told that he will have to suffer so much until later.

All these things in-between are not told. Just the promise and the hope that it will be brought to pass. Adding to the fact I'm reading Hebrews 11 today. Faith. Trust in God. Obedience. Perserverance. No matter what. What is the purpose? 1 Cor 13. To be purified. To receive our reward.

And what is that reward? Crown. Yes, just like kings who wear crowns. And people get crowns because they conquered something. What did we conquer? All these trials and hardships in between. Revelations shows the elders casting down their crown before the Lamb on the throne. But why lay it down? Because of Jesus. We would not have made it if not for Him. That is why we give it back to Him.

Doesn't it make it all so worth it?

Being reminded that this life that we live will be meaningless until we have found the One who makes it all worth living for. Jesus. Thank you, God for reminding me that this passage of life, before we meet You in heaven, is just a pilgrimage.

Oceans Will Part
Hillsongs - Mighty To Save

Verse 1
If my heart has grown cold
There Your love will unfold
As You open my eyes to the work of Your hand
When I’m blind to my way
There Your Spirit will pray
As You open my eyes to the work of Your hand
As You open my eyes to the work of Your hand.

Chorus:
Oceans will part, Nations come
At the whisper of Your call
Hope will rise, Glory shown
In my life, Your will be done

Verse 2
Present suffering may pass

Lord, Your mercy will last
As You open my eyes to the work of Your hand
And my heart will find praise
I’ll delight in Your way
As You open my eyes to the work of Your hand
As You open my eyes to the work of Your hand

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home