Sueanne's Story Unfolds

Welcome to my page!

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Shopping

Today was an eventful day. Started out early at 7am to jog. Then, some housekeeping. Rush of to meet Mabel and Youhe. Sorry, late cos the laundry wasn't ready..still can't estimate how long it takes... anyway it was really a long time since I meet up with them and it was really good to fellowship with fellow believers.

After our meeting with Youhe, mabel and i went on a shopping spree. Goodness, its really crazy! People were just swarming all over the place. We walked from Plaza Sing to sommerset (suppose to walk to orchard, but we never reached our destination...haha...). Saw so many malls with GREAT bargains. Didn't know things can be so cheap, really! I think it was around 4 hours of shopping...time just whoosh by. Mabel really made a good shopping kaki.

Later made my way to bugis. Not to shop la... impossible! just flooded with people. Suppose to collect my 707 bus ticket home for this friday. But....argh! the guy whom I booked with wrote my booking at the wrong time! So no more ticket! argh!!! could have skinned that person. Anyway, patience. Pray. Plan B. Took a bus to lavender and walk 15 minutes to another bus station. Thank God still got ticket Delima...6.30pm bus. Means I got to chow early from work this friday and maybe take a cab. If not I can never make it on time...plus its super far to walk with high heels. And argh! the ticket is so much more expensive than 707 by $5! So ex! Petrol price went up, kononnya. Really don't like this bus station. But no choice, have to get back home somehow. Argh! Fed up la with that guy...

Made my way back to Jurong Point. Feet starting to feel the effect of standing whole day. Thought can go back and rest.. mana tau, my ex roomie ask if wanted to shop at Jurong Point. Wat? I was really tired, but then, I obliged since I mentioned bout going out shopping together last week. Sigh, so spent another 2 hours shopping for her bag and clothing for her coming interview.

Its more than 12 hours... tired now. But it really makes me think. Earlier this morning, YOuhe mentioned he gave up on shopping and movies. I wonder how true is it for me. I recalled I loved to shop in my previous semester.. till I told God, I commit this desire into His hands. Now, really, there's no desire to shop and buy stuff. I'll buy only when I think its really needed or a good bargain. Then movies... remembered what my pastor quoted from Rev Ravenhill "How you can spend two stinking hours in the movies, but cannot spend half an hour waiting on Him". How true...maybe I'll surrender this area too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home